Groupon and Living Social are often in the news and many of us are signed up with some social buying site. The idea of getting deals by making large-scale purchases has picked up steam and yet there is still debate about whether this is a trend that will hold. While the questions from the business sides abound, here is an infographic from Flotown offering perspective on the players in this field.
Things to note:
- The idea seems to have taken hold in 2004 with Woot!
- The latest venture covered here is November 2010 and seven deals websites were launched last year alone.
- Living Social has presence in more cities than Groupon.
- Groupon has more unique users than Living Social.
- Of the 20 players covered, 6 have over a million users.